Wednesday, March 24, 2010

monday evening

around 11 pm-ish, i had a semi-severe allergic reaction... to eggplant.
i've always stayed away the gross looking stuff, because, well it lookked gross. also, it didnt help my mum is allergic to the evil vegetable too.
anyways, we ate dinner around 830 ish, and i was getting stomach pains aroound 915ish, and then i satrted to itch, and tongue swelled up at 945. about 10 20 ish, everything was getting worse, and my esophagus started to feel constricted, and my breathing was heavier. i asked my dad to take a look at my neck since it was itching like hell, and apparently my neck broke out into hives like crazy.
we rushed to the ER, and blah blah blah...
i got an IV, which was surprisingly cool.
i mean its pretty damn weird i find getting a needle poked into my vein and then a skinny plastic tube, then having saline rushing into my veins, with Benedryll and steroids, and some Beta-2 Blockers...
i passed out within 2 minutes of getting the benedryll. that stuff was crazy.
anyways, now i have these two wristbands from the hospital i'm keeping as mementos...
i'll try to gt a more, errr, differnt blog post up later... hitting the gym right now.

3 comments:

jonrisk said...

Wow, that is crazy. As far as I know I'm not allergic to eggplant. That's a good excuse for me to not try it though. "But I might be allergic to it!"

jonrisk said...

Oh, yeah. Glad to hear you're alright. ;)

Adi said...

haha thanks!
yea, stuff seems gross enough as is, but the fact that i'm allergic gives me the right to stay away from the stuff with a 10 foot pole.

settlement loans